Acting Career Kick-Off Masterclass (+ Showreel & Headshots) – 6 Months
January 19 - June 29¥58,000 – ¥330,000
*Since spaces on this class are very limited and reserved for students with sufficient prior experience, please contact us directly if you are interested in applying: [email protected]
We will set up a short individual zoom meeting to discuss whether this class is suitable for you.
Become the actor you always wanted to be.
Get ready to launch your acting career – NOW!
Put together your resume, headshots and showreel along with a solid, actionable plan on how to turn your acting dreams into reality.
In the event that sign-ups exceed a certain number of students, the group classes will be divided into two groups, with the second group class being held:
The total number of group classes included in the course is 24 classes (2,5 hours each)
Flexible times to be scheduled individually:
- headshot session
- showreel scene shoots
- individual clip recordings
- one on one coaching sessions
- reel editing session
Solidify your very own vision, define clearly what you want. Then show the world what you have to give. Capture the very essence of your talent in a two scene showreel, three acting clips and stunning headshots and equip yourself with all the knowledge you can carry about how to make your mark. Become the actor you always wanted to be.
In this six-month training program, you will not just work on your skills, polish your acting, create a showreel and a plan towards realising your wildest dreams. You will actively begin putting this plan in motion!
If you see your future self as an actor, working professionally on an international level, now is the time to get serious. Big goals require big commitments. Don’t wait for an opportunity to be given to you – step up and take it!
- showreel (2 original scenes written, filmed and edited for you)
- 3 Acting Clips (existing material, filmed to highlight your individual strengths and casting)
- career action plan
- identifying your type
- acting career business coaching
- identifying your goals and taking specific action towards them
- understanding the needs of the industry (focus on international market) in 2023
- identifying your strengths
- choosing your ideal casting
- perfecting two short scenes and three clips to highlight your talent
- working on set, understanding film language
- setting and achieving clear goals
- trusting your intuition
- building resilience and confidence
- adapting to pressure and competition
- keeping the dream alive when things get tough
- dreaming big enough to get you motivated
- self care, health and balance
- understanding the BIG WHY
Questions that you’ll answer:
- What is my type?
- Who would cast me and why?
- How can I find more opportunities?
- How should I present myself to directors, agents, managers, casting directors and producers?
- Which market, city and country is right for me? And how do I get there?
- What do I want out of my acting career?
- Which steps do I need to take to reach my goals?
- What skills do I have, what skills do I still need to work on?
- What are my biggest strengths & weaknesses as an actor?
- How do I turn acting into my full time, paid job?
- Why have I not succeeded so far?
- Is my dream achievable? (spoiler: it is! Let’s find out what it takes!)
¥330,000 (6 months)
(OR installment plan 58,000¥ per month)
2 Showreel Scene Shoots 50,000¥
3 Acting Clips 50,000¥
Showreel Edit 30,000¥
24 Group Sessions 120,000¥
6 Private Sessions 48,000¥
About Marei Annis
Marei Annis started the acting department at ELFS Japan in 2019. She runs her own independent production company AVA – All Visions Align and has produced, written, directed and starred in a variety of film and stage productions in Japan, Germany, London and Los Angeles.
Her teaching technique is a fusion of influences compiled from her experiences across all creative aspects of filmmaking and acting as well as life- and business coaching.
Amongst many others she studied with Monika Gossmann (Iron Sky, Mank), Lisa Pescia (Curb Your Enthusiasm, Seinfeld) and Bernard Hiller (coach of Cameron Diaz, Michelle Pfeiffer,…). She produced two feature films, wrote and directed several plays, a webseries and various short films and currently has one of her feature film scripts and a TV pilot in development under a production company in Hollywood. She also trained in “Contextual Coaching” (NLP and RET based) for a deeper understanding of how to reach and empower students on an individual level.
Marei’s approach to teaching always begins with the student as an individual and focuses most on finding and refining the talent, experience and passion that’s already there – then taking it to the next level.