Stage Acting (6 Month Class)
7月 5 @ 7:00 pm - 12月 13 @ 9:00 pm¥16,000 – ¥90,000
In this 6-months long class you will learn what it takes to be ready to conquer the stages of the world!
From audition to memorizing lines we will cover all the basics you need to know to take on a lead role in a full length stage play.
Each student will be assigned a major role from a contemporary English language play and take it from table read to premiere ready.
At the end of the class there will be a student showcase in the ELFS studio presenting the results*
- Auditioning for a stage production
- What’s unique about stage acting (vs film acting)
- Vocal and physical training
- Ensemble work
- Memorization techniques
- Creating a compelling full-length overall performance and individual character arc
Who this class is for:
- Acting students who have little to no stage experience
- Professional actors with only film acting experience
- Individuals who are interested in honing their overall performance skills
- Directing students who are looking for deeper insights into acting
- Other performing artists who wish to dive deeper into the storytelling elements of their craft
Dates and time:
JUL/5, 12, 19, 26
AUG/16, 23, 30
SEP/6, 13, 20, 27
NOV/8, 15, 22, 29
OCT/ 18, 25
*depending on student numbers this will either be one full play or 30-40 minute segments from several plays.
About Marei Annis
Marei Annis started the acting department at ELFS Japan in 2019. She runs her own independent production company AVA – All Visions Align and has produced, written, directed and starred in a variety of film and stage productions in Japan, Germany, London and Los Angeles.
Her teaching technique is a fusion of influences compiled from her experiences across all creative aspects of filmmaking and acting as well as life- and business coaching.
Amongst many others she studied with Monika Gossmann (Iron Sky, Mank), Lisa Pescia (Curb Your Enthusiasm, Seinfeld) and Bernard Hiller (coach of Cameron Diaz, Michelle Pfeiffer,…). She produced two feature films, wrote and directed several plays, a webseries and various short films and currently has one of her feature film scripts and a TV pilot in development under a production company in Hollywood. She also trained in “Contextual Coaching” (NLP and RET based) for a deeper understanding of how to reach and empower students on an individual level.
Marei’s approach to teaching always begins with the student as an individual and focuses most on finding and refining the talent, experience and passion that’s already there – then taking it to the next level.