- This event has passed.
ELFS Japan Socially Distanced Networking Picnic!
10th October 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Since ELFS Japan began our networking events have been at the core of what we do, bringing together both the international and Japanese filmmaking communities in relaxed, friendly events.
Before our last networking in March we had been working on the idea of an ELFS Japan Hanami, but a certain virus put that back on the shelf. Since the end of the state of emergency we have been wondering how we can get our networking events back again, and we commend those who have attempted to use online methods. But we believe that face-to-face, or mask-to-mask networking is still vital.
So, this Saturday we invite you to join us in Yoyogi Park for the first ELFS Japan Socially Distanced Networking Picnic!
Here’s how it will work:
- We will be at the Hexagon Pavillion (六角の休憩舎) in Yoyogi Park from 12 Noon.
- Bring a ground sheet, some food and drink, and as many friends as you would like.
- Find your space and enjoy the park.
- We will move amongst the groups, chatting and collecting cards. We will get a good idea of
who is there and be happy to make introductions between groups.
- If you wish to join another group to talk please respect their requests regarding distancing
and masks. Oh, and if you join another group why not bring a bottle with you!
- At around 1pm, or when we feel there are plenty of people, we will make announcements and also invite anyone who wishes to introduce themselves to do so. Anyone who has been to one of our networking nights will know how this works, but as we will be outside be in your best voice!
The Hexagon is a covered pavilion, and there is a wooded area nearby, so there will be some cover from any scattered showers; but you might like to bring along an umbrella just in case! There will probably be other park users, so please respect there privacy. We will make the ELFS Japan group very obvious, so just come to the Hexagon and introduce yourselves. We look forward to seeing you there!
Google Map for Hexagon: