- This event has passed.
The O1 Visa: Working in Hollywood for Actors
14th May 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm¥5,000
Many actors dream about Hollywood, but are unsure of their chances to actually make that dream a reality.
One of the many concerns about entering the world’s biggest film industry is how to obtain a work visa that will allow you to continue your acting career and get cast for American TV, film and commercial work.
In this online class you will learn everything you need to know about the process of applying for an O1 visa as an international actor.
The class will cover:
- Who can apply for an O1 visa?
- Which criteria must be met for the application to be successful?
- What is the process, what is involved, which documents are needed and how long will the application process take?
- What type of work can you do on this visa and how do you get acting work in America?
- What are the costs involved?
- What to consider when choosing your entertainment lawyer plus a list of recommended lawyers who have a high success rate of winning O1 visa cases.
- Tips directly passed on from Japanese artists living and working in Hollywood right now.
- Bonus: Life in Hollywood/ The US: Some other facts to consider before moving.
This class is for actors, who have already done acting work in Japan or elsewhere and are curious about the legal side of how to take their career to the next level, by entering Hollywood or the American Film Industry in general.
If you are considering moving, or even if you would just be interested in what it takes to be eligible to be cast in American productions, you will get all the information you need.
Even if you are only starting your acting career, but are interested in someday working in the US, this online class can help you set your goals in order to achieve that dream sooner!
About Marei Annis
Marei Annis is an actress, producer and writer, originally from Germany, who spent the past five years between London and Los Angeles, founding her own film production company “AVA – All Visions Align Ltd” which has produced two feature films in only two years and is now establishing a branch of operations in Tokyo.
She studied a variety of acting techniques in Berlin, London and Los Angeles with coaches such as Bernard Hiller, Lisa Pescia, Mike Bernardin, Monika Gossmann and Petra Wolf and eventually developed her own technique in guiding actors to express their most unique qualities through their performance.